Sunday, April 25, 2010

Yay for Sunday! :)

I LOVE Sundays! They are total days that can be used to recharge and more importantly - refocus! Refocus on the only one who matters. Refocus on the mission Christ has charged his followers with. Refocus on the only ONE who has ever loved me with the most perfect love and consider how my heart feels in relation to His.

Oh, how I love Jesus. I want to make my heart beat always only for Him. That doesn't mean I'd be walking on cloud 9 all the time. It means I'd be walking for Him all the time. Oh that my heart would open up and love others the way HE loves them. I had this thought today...it went something like this.

Each individual is all together important to Christ. So whenever I interact with those my Savior loves, I should love them as He would. Which means Every conversation is important, Every heart is His, Every opportunity is worthy.

That shouldn't cause an overly rushed frenzy to "get to" everyone but rather a reverent understanding that everyone counts. Which means loving those I come into contact Fully, never trying to find someone better to talk to but cherishing the moments with those I'm able to speak with. I think Jesus did that A LOT. People can understand if you are being genuine. So it's not the amount of time you spend with an individual or even the depth of your relationship but the love you express to them when you are with them. I want to express Jesus' love to everyone I come into contact with.

Love sometimes gets mixed up with the human need for being understood or liked or accepted. Than our love gets extremely distorted. We start faking aspects of ourselves or seeking out specific individuals to share with because we want their affections or attention. But...that's so silly. After all everyone has something to offer and I'm pretty sure God is able to orchestrate opportunities for us to interact with those we could share a special bond with. Our job is to love others. Actually, it's not a job at all! We have the glorious opportunity to love others! When we pick and choose from preconceived judgments and notions about who we want to spend time with -we miss some of the greatest opportunities to express or receive love.

Oh, how I love Jesus. I'm so sorry for all the times I've failed to love others. I repent of every time I have desired to speak to someone different than I was speaking to. As the old saying goes - "the grass is always greener on the other side" and I have fallen for that lie even in conversations with people! Shame on me. But oh how glorious! There is grace from my Savior and another new day tomorrow to live for Him again.


Once again, I love Sundays! Today He taught me anew how to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment