Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I choose Jesus!

I don't know how to express what I am feeling. It may not work out...but I thought I'd try.


If I had only one choice to make - I would choose Jesus.

My thoughts have a tendency to wander. My emotions get carried away in a sea of confusion and frustration. My heart beats excitedly when another passes by. My hopes sometimes rest on dreams self-inflicted. But He draws me back. He constantly draws me back to His side. Does my wandering take away from my identity? Am I His when I wander? Do I always belong to Him? How many times will it take for Him to say - "Enough. Your decision has been made, you have no part in me." He will never say that. He died for me. He loves me and I love him. When I wander too far, He calls my name and I return. Oh that I would not wander. Oh that I would simply stay near him. I'd certainly have far less wounds from the world. But I would also have far less experienced grace that I'd be willing to share with others. I don't have all the answers in life and I cannot for certain step with confidence each step I take. What I can have confidence in is Christ. He is it. Proof of God's love. Proof of our Hope. And somehow, the anchor and sail of my boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment