Thursday, April 15, 2010

Seedling

I see my life as a growing seed. An unknown seed, that is. I know not what this little seed shall become. I know my Maker and Master Gardener saw fit to plant me where I am right here, right now. I see other seeds. They too are growing. Some of the seeds have stalks, a few have leaves, and others have different distinguishing characteristics. As I grow, I do not always look like the others. Sometimes I try to become like them, I follow them into the rains or the shade but my characteristics are still different. I've attempted the paths of others but typically I become dry and weary. Soon I find my way back to who I am. But it is still shrouded by mystery. I do not know how I will look when I grow up. My gardener knows though. And yep, that has to be enough. He waters me, tends to me, and then waits for his harvest. I want to be pleasing to him, so I will yield to his ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment