Saturday, April 3, 2010

Beauty

What is it about beauty that makes us want to capture it?
What is the reason we desire to possess it?
To control it?
even to own it?

WHY?! Why is it that my heart cannot be content to view or experience briefly?
Why the need to control and possess?

Oh, the ache of my heart. For love and admiration of beauty is so controlled by my sin and desire for this sick possession.

It starts off so innocent....
I had a great time at the beach - why not capture these views through the lens of a camera?
Oh the glorious walk - perhaps I will take a pebble home!
What a beautiful creature, I too will house a small fish in little tank.

And then it gets insidious -
I barely know you - but I need you right now!
I don't value this enough to admire, I must own and possess.
I must build up my little kingdom of pride.

Destructive habits at time. The danger of beauty being overcome by disastrous intents does not take away from the wonder and awe. I believe we need to set our eyes on the one who is TRULY beautiful! Only then will we be satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment