Thursday, March 25, 2010

Oh that sweet gospel

I'm FREE!!! I do not have to be perfect which means I can be me! YAY! I just kind of wanna jump around and dance. Instead, I will jam out to this song I'm listening to - "When the Spirit of the Lord" by Fred Hammond.

When a Christian pursues the works of the self justification, they ignore the grace of God. I have struggled for some time (and maybe still will) with working towards being perfect. I was that way before I knew Christ and I continued that pursuit after He poured His love over me. I figured He showed me love and in turn I must be perfect! Silly, I know. Whenever we state out loud what keeps us fearful it usually becomes somewhat laughable. Oh the precious freedom I feel trusting in Jesus alone.

We are saved by faith in Christ.......end of story. The beginning of the story is that we cannot ever save ourselves. We can never make up for how wretched and disgusting we are. We can never overcome the darkness inside of our souls no matter how many good things we do or how good we try to be. We just can't close the chasm between us and God. He is the creator and we are the created and we are destined for an eternal separation from Him in Hell because of our ways. Sure we justify ourselves so much and even tell ourselves that we aren't that bad...but we are. We are as bad as we fear.

But then Christ Came! He came, lived, and died and became the perfect substitute for our sin. He died so that we would not have to experience separation from God ever again. Jesus saved us! He really did! He offers us free grace. All God asks is that we trust in Jesus and his death and resurrection. It makes no sense to us but that's just it - God's ways are higher than ours. We don't need to understand, we just need to put our hope in Him.

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. - 1 Corinthians 1:18

If the gospel message does not make sense to you. Seek God in prayer, read His word, and ask Him to reveal it to you. He will and that will give you the freedom to trust in Him. Then...we can dance! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment