Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Pilgrim's Heart Cry

You alone
are my true faithful friend.
I know no one else that loves like you.

So right now,
I lift my eyes to you.
For though it is large,
That mountain is far away
You will guide my every step.

Day by day
I vow to turn to you.
And with each passing hour
may my eyes of faith grow clearer still.

From you alone,
comes the strength to possess this faith.
So when I wander Lord,
direct my eyes.

Oh my worthy guide
I know that you will guard my heart.
So each passing day its fulfillment is found
in you.

With my eyes and heart
safe in your arms.
I know my steps will be firmly placed.

Though I fear in this moment,
help me remember
where my eyes should be cast.

Someday I will not need this faith,
when your glorious plans fall into place.
You will stand for all to see.
The King of kings and Prince of Peace.

But oh until that day,
guide me Jesus.
Guide me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment