Monday, May 30, 2011

Day by Day

In the stillness, I know who God is.
When my thoughts and hurts stop screaming out, I can sense Him.
Reminding me again that this life is about Him.
What I make of it fades, and for a minute I can breath deeply.

In those moments, I can praise His name.
I forget about me and find Him.
I'm certain God breaths in a sigh of relief - "Finally, she sees!"

My thoughts go to the Psalmists who cried out to the Lord
DAY AFTER DAY
and waited.

I cry out for a
MINUTE
and expect a response.

But this life is a gift from Him.
Good gifts come to us from the Father.
Thus, this present moment is a gift.
Not my idea of a gift, but I must trust in Him.

So, I suppose I will join in with the Psalmists,
crying out to my Father day by day and await His response.


I trust in two verses:

Psalm 27:13 - I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.

and

Isaiah 40:31 - but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.


Alass, the moment fades. Thoughts begin to crowd in. Emotions overwhelm. But I remember the moment of clarity. I will draw close to the One who loves me. Again and again I shall return for there is NO other peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment