Thursday, May 26, 2011

When all else fails

Answers fade
Meaning becomes illusive
Quick-fixes fail again
Temporary solution burn out

In those moments, we have to walk in the midst of what hurts and burdens our hearts.


In the pain and questions of life I feel the intense calling out of the Lord to seek His face. In the joys, I will glance up and praise God for what has been given. Okay, I do that on occasion, certainly not every time. I praise the Giver and enjoy His gifts. In the hurt and pain, I seek Him. I experience WHO He is and not only his bountiful supply. Sometimes the pain and heartache remains despite His presence. That's alright, it is a part of our life. But there is something so deep within that finds fulfillment in those moments. Something more tangible and more real that I could ever express.

God is real. I know because He loves me. His acceptance of you (and me) is something we can barely comprehend. When I am with others, the question may arise as to whether or not I am being too much of a certain characteristic. "She's too boring, crazy, talkative, focused, unfocused, spiritual, worldly, etc. etc. etc." We love to simplify and criticize one another. With God, there is no need to pretend to be anything that we are not. He accepts us as we are and loves us unconditionally.

I am quite unloveable this evening, but God's love remains. What a glorious mystery that I will happily spend the rest of my life only grasping at such deep truths of His undeserved, free gift of unmerited love and favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment