Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hymn

This blog moment brought to you by the years of piano lessons that has left me with an ability to understand simple music notations and by the people in my life that taught me hymns have a richness that is worthy of review and song.  

I ran across a hymn this evening, that I have never sung before.  When I cam across the lyrics, they simply came alive and I wanted to share them.  I will quote only verse 1 and 2 here.  But for further reading, simply search the title and author, and you will find it many places.  

I am His, and He is mine (Written by George Robinson)

Verse 1:  Loved with everlasting love, drawn by grace that love to know,
Spirit breathing from above, Thou hast taught me it is so!
O this full and precious peace from his presence all divine;
in a love that cannot cease, I am his and he is mine;
in a love that cannot cease, I am his and he is mine.

Verse 2: Heav'n above is deeper blue, earth around is sweeter green,
Something lives in every hue Christless eyes have never seen.
Birds in song his glories show, flow'rs with richer beauties shine
since I know, as now I know, I am his and he is mine;
since I know, as now I know, I am his and he is mine.

For a rendition of the song sung, go to: http://www.newhopeconnection.com/page_to_print.cfm?id=213&content_id=319

When you know, that you know, that you know, that you are loved by God and love Him in return - there is a beauty that can scarcely be described.  I have no further words to add to such a beautiful hymn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment