Friday, January 20, 2012

This I know

Another evening is here and I find it difficult to sleep again. It has been a typical pattern this week. The worries and concerns of life seem to place a heavy weight on me. My comfort in these times has been in my Pandora Radio. I listen to songs of truth, hope, and celebration of our great and mighty God.

I had a great day today and I am a little surprised to find myself here. Today was one of those overly happy days but even those feelings fade. I have bore the gambit of emotions this week from elation to sadness and just about everything in between. As a contemplative person, I seek to find the stability within all the emotions that interact with the facts, troubles, and blessings of any given day.

It is not uncommon to find me utilizing emotion to explain my understanding of the world. This is an error I seek to correct. For no emotion exemplifies a true reality. I know this because I have felt varying emotions for the exact same fact at different moments.

Facts can be skewed, troubles misunderstood, and blessings squandered. None of these things can define our day to day reality.

But upon reflection, I see one constant truth. God is near.

No matter where I've found myself this week, I know God is waiting to engage with me in it. There is nothing that can separate me from my God. He saw to that. He crossed the great divide to reach out to me and has since never left me. In fact, He calls me His own. I am His beloved.

At the end of the day, He is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment