Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Reflections

I visited a friend the other day. I wouldn't call her old, though some may. Old is a state of mind and she is active and engaged in her world each and every day. What I would call her is experienced, wise, and rich. Rich in experiences, love, and relationships, that is. She is a woman dearly loved by our Father and it shines about her countenance and noticeable no matter the length of conversation. Anyway, we were talking and I began to realize all the different seasons she has lived. This woman has seen so much, been with such a wide variety of people, and loved even more. Talking with her is always incredible. I pray someday I can have a memory like hers that can recall the places the Lord takes me. Though more than that, I pray that I can be obedient to the spirit of the Lord as He moves me in and out of various seasons.

Speaking with people who have a little more life experience than I do always makes me stop a minute to realize that I worry too much. I am far too concerned about where I am going to be in 5 years as opposed to where I am right now. People who have lived just a few more years than I have proven to me that change is natural and happens. Our lives will take different courses. God never leaves us in one place forever (whether it be literal or figurative) and thus the concern should not be "how do I get myself to the next point" all the time because like it or not we will move through different seasons.

If I live to be a ripe old age, I desire to look back on my life and see that it was well lived: full of love, grace, and the ever merciful hand of God. (Though technically...I never want to have time to look back - I want to live for Him until the very end.) I am convinced to have that sort of outcome in life we need to never be afraid of what is to come or what people think, spend time with our God, and love love love the people God has placed in our lives.

I have a long way to go, but with God helping me, I'll get there and if I don't - His grace is still enough.

Wherever you are right now, I pray that His peace would comfort you and as always thanks for sharing this journey with me.

1 comment: