Monday, June 6, 2011

In Proper Order

I find peace at the lake.
Whenever I can, I steal a few moments to hop out onto a big rock.
It is there I can finally see clearly.
For no matter what kind of day I've had,
there, the world lies in proper order.

Tiny waves journey forward creating their own perfect pathways.
The sun slowly begins to set creating a beautiful masterpiece.
Tiny boats sail across the crisp blue waves.
Hungry seagulls seek and dive to fetch their dinner;
moments later they soar across the skies again.

People of all shapes and sizes connect along the pathway:
chatting, biking, running, laughing, walking, and holding hands.
Children invent new games, finding adventure along the beach.
The luckiest of dogs run free, obedient to their master's call.

As I sit upon my rock, I am surprised to find
that I too am now in proper order.

Reflecting and Resting in my Creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment