Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sacred Beauty

Oh to be beautiful.
Yes, beauty is vanity.
And it is altogether true that it is fleeting.
And yes, a beautiful heart is worth far more than outward appearances.

But I am young. Women my age ARE beautiful.
Why must I never experience that?
A mirror is a painful object.
And makeup, clothing, and hair seem a moot point compared to what I cannot cover up.

I will content myself to surround myself with beauty.
The flow of the trees.
The laughter of friends.
The sacrifice of love.
The flowers, animals, and new life!

And of course, my Father's love, Savior's sacrifice, and Spirit's leading.

And as I revel in the beauty of my God and the world around me. I will not only forget my vanity but I will begin to view beauty properly and I will find the peace I lack. The troublesome of feeling less than beautiful will flow away as I know without a doubt that God loves me and does indeed make everything beautiful in its time. (I bet that includes me!) Maybe that submissive heart yielded to His and with eyes off myself is actually where true beauty lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment