Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Tree or Tumbleweed?


For so long, I have relied on my emotions and thoughts tell me what to do or how to respond.  I realize something is lost and I react fearfully and quickly.  This has garnered me energy when I needed it most.  They’ve alerted others of my distress and those same people have come to my rescue and comfort.  Stray thoughts have destroyed relationships when I assumed they were correct instead of investigating the situation.   So, while at times, it has been beneficial, my emotions and thoughts have betrayed me time and time again.  They promised to protect me, but they’ve ruined days, months, and even years of my life with lies and along the way hurt others.

 I don’t want to do this anymore.  I want to be rooted in who Christ is and what He says to do.  Rooted in Him means that what I do matters but doing it from a place of being His first matters too.  Rooted in Him means ignoring my emotions and stray thoughts for the cause of Christ or for the truth of Christ.  Rooted means it may take a long while and I have to be patient for His work.  Being rooted is painfully slow at times but worth it.  I think I need to just sit at the feet of Jesus for as long as it takes to hear His voice over the chatter of my mind and emotions.  I don’t want to be tossed to and fro anymore.  I don’t just want this for myself.  I want everyone who takes seriously the call of Christ, to take seriously the desire to be rooted in Him.  What would it look like for His church to be firmly rooted in Him?  I have little time for speculation at this point because I have much work to do in my own heart.  I'll pray for you in this  but please pray for me.  May we be rooted in Christ.  

1 comment: